Lab 6

Well, I tried to figure out what I did wrong with the visual that I made from class this past week, but I could not do it. I had to fall back on something last minute since I was not sure where to pull new data from last minute like this. I decided to chart the wins off all the SEC West football teams wins over the past 5 years and divide them up by teams. Of course Alabama is predominantly on top (roll tide), but there was some fluctuation between between LSU, A&M, Auburn, and Ole Miss. Referring to the assignment in class, it is far more complicated than the graph that I have at the bottom since there was so much more data. I did learn a lot using Flourish and how it will relate to Omeka for my final project. My final project will likely be a some sort of bar graph representation, so I am glad to have worked with it when it for this small representation.

4 thoughts on “Lab 6

1. Donovan I love that you have shown how dominant Alabama is in the SEC west. (Roll Tide) I also hate (but enjoy understanding) the jump in LSU stats in 2019. I think it would be interesting if there was a way to incorporate a widget if the team won a national championship that year. Thanks for posting

2. I love your bar graph you did of SEC West football team wins in 2016 to 2021 and it shows how many wins those teams had in last 6 years. LSU had most wins in 2019.

3. I also had difficulty in translating the data provided in class into Flourish. Like you, it was great practice exploring flourish and I feel a little more comfortable converting data into a visual form. I liked your choice of topic for your flourish project. Roll Tide!